Your career starts now
Interfor has a plan to unleash your potential and help you launch your career. Discover the rewards and benefits of working as a Journey Millwright.
Interfor runs the Millwright Apprenticeship Program twice per year. Interested candidates can contact their Mill Manager or Human Resources representative for more information.
Applicant minimum requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be willing and able to work any shift, including rotating, variable, weekend/holiday shifts.
- Have the physical capability to perform essential trade tasks, including lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to travel overnight to participate in classroom training four to five times per year.
- Be able to successfully complete the following Work Keys assessments: Applied Math, Locating Information and Reading for Information.
Preference will be given to current maintenance and production employees with one or more years of active service with Interfor.
- Apprenticeship Program Information Session
You will learn about the program in depth to determine if training to become a millwright is the right career choice for you.
- Complete Work Keys Assessment
- Job Performance Review
A review of your safety performance, attendance, and any work performance issues.
- Candidate Interview