Decking - Regal AK
Interfor's commitment to producing consistent and high quality Western Red Cedar products is reflected in it's Regal AK decking. Starting with a reliable and consistent fiber supply, Interfor is able to offer customers products that meet superior standards from order to order. Regal AK decking meets and exceeds the WRCLA architect knotty standards. Wane is strictly limited to one face and kept to a minimum, making the product useable for all types of projects.
Interfor's Regal AK decking is the product of choice for the environmentally conscious builders or homeowners seeking to add the beauty and prestige of a "chemical free" product at an affordable price.Standards that set Regal AK architect knotty decking apart from the competition:
- Knots are sound and tight, allowing a maximum of two not firmly fixed knots per 12 lineal feet (NFF knots of ½ max size are allowed)
- Maximum knot size: 2x4 - 2", 2x6 - 2 7/8"
- Holes are not permitted
- Wane is strictly limited to one face and kept to a minimum of ¼ thickness and ¼ width on the reverse face only
|Nominal (inches)||Net (inches)||Dressing||Seasoning||Pieces per package||Lengths|
|2 x 4||1 9/16 x 3 9/16||S4S||Green||208||8 - 20' ELO|
|2 x 6||1 9/16 x 5 9/16||S4S||Green||128||8 - 20' ELO|
Finishing and Maintenance:
- Cedar weathers over time to an attractive silver-gray patina that has a certain architectural appeal. Research chemists and wood scientists strongly recommend that some form of protective finish be applied to prevent surface degradation
- Never allow Western Red Cedar to ‘weather' for more than two weeks prior to finishing. All finishes adhere and perform better when applied to fresh, unweathered wood
- Power washers are not recommended for use on Western Red Cedar
- For best results, Western Red Cedar should be coated on all sides before installation. Factory finishing, where available, is a preferred method.
- Consult WRCLA website (www.cedar-deck.org) for more detailed information